Saturday 29 December 2012

2012 operas by composer

I have attempted - and probably failed - to count the operas, including two Met broadcasts and concert performances, I have seen in 2012. The breakdown by composer is below. What if anything it indicates, I am not entirely sure, though it will doubtless indicate something regarding my own interests and something regarding what opera houses make available. Sadly no Schoenberg, for instance...

Wagner 9
Mozart 8
Bizet 2
Strauss 2
Puccini 2
Berlioz 2
Humperdinck 2
Meyerbeer 1
Hindemith 1
Monteverdi 1
Haydn 1
Adès 1
Knussen 1
Davies (Peter Maxwell) 1
Ullmann (Viktor) 1
Martinů 1
Stockhausen 1
Zimmermann (Bernd Alois) 1
Tchaikovsky 1
Gluck 1
Janáček 1
Glanert (Detlev) 1
Weber 1
Rihm 1
Berg 1
Auber 1
Weir (Judith) 1
Dvořák 1
Offenbach 1
Weill 1
Harvey (Jonathan) 1
Dallapiccola 1
I am not sure that I can (yet) summon up the energy, or indeed the time, to do something similar for concerts. In any case things become more complicated there, with respect to mixed programmes etc. We shall see...